Saturday 20 February 2021

OUR MOMENT WITH THE AMAZING CAROLINE ALFRED.

Can we meet you?

My name is Caroline Alfred, a songwriter and recording artist, a Legal Practitioner with the Port Harcourt branch of The Nigeria Bar Association, a preacher of the Gospel, and wife of Pst. Alfred, the Senior Cleric of Distinction Ministries, Port Harcourt.


How did you get saved?

Fortunately for me, my parents were and are still born again, so it was more like growing up in God, and then as I matured, I understood Him better for myself.

You are a music Minister, how did this talent come to light?

The music talent has always been there, in fact, I was born with it. I started singing at age 8 in Assemblies of God Church 1, Rumuokwurusi, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria. At that time, I only sang in the local assembly as well as other branches of the church, doing personal song renditions and singing with a group named Shekinah Praise Voices formed by my elder sister Anne Ekezie. At this stage, I was only Known by the local church and a few branches.
Fast forward to 2014 when I got married, my husband who saw the talent in me decided to give it a great push that has brought me to light. It was his encouragement that birthed my first two singles: MY FRIEND and JUST LOOK TO GOD released in the year 2015 and 2016 respectively and here I am today, celebrated all over.


Did you ever at any point feel like you were not good enough?

I never felt that I wasn't good enough. The only feeling I had and still have is the feeling to always improve on myself concerning my singing, by having productive rehearsal times and learning from other musicians and music materials.


How would you describe your music genre or style?

Ordinarily, people would expect every singer to major in a particular genre, but my case is different. I sing every genre of music because I have no limitations, Versatility is the keyword for me.


What's your creative process like?

There's none in particular. Anything inspires me to be creative. I could be out in the park and then I see children playing and right away, something creative drops in my mind. I could also be having my family time and something drops.

Away from music, what else do you get up to?

Away from music, I'm a legal practitioner called to practice as a Barrister and Solicitor of The Supreme Court of Nigeria, a public speaker, preacher, a calligrapher, and an actress (laughs), after all, I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.


How long have you been singing?

I've been singing for over twenty years.


What's your philosophy of life and what has been the highlight of your life that has been greatly instrumental in your life as a Christian?

My philosophy of life has been to surround myself with people who can be instrumental to my growth both in ministry, career, and life in general. Some persons envy or castigate people they should be learning from and in the end, gain nothing.
The highpoint or highlight of my life that has been instrumental to my ministry and my life, in general, is my marriage. My marriage to Pst. Alfred turned my life around for the better. It made me achieve more than I achieved as a spinster, after all,  It is said that two good heads are better than one. There's something I always say, your marriage can either make you or mar you. In this case, my marriage has made and is still making me, to the glory of God.


Who do you look up to in the music industry?

I look up to a lot of music artists based on what I hope to achieve. For instance, if I want to do a REGGAE song, I look up to a musician who has a great understanding and delivery of the REGGAE genre. The same thing goes for every other music genre and if I begin to list all the artists that I look up to in the different genres, ( laughs) the list will be too long.


How would you describe the music industry as a gospel artist and what could be done better?

The music industry is for serious-minded people who are determined to succeed. No form of laziness is entertained here, except you just want to merely exist as a musician without leaving an indelible mark. It's an industry where a musician must understand his/her uniqueness and strength and leverage it, rather than try to be like someone else.
One thing that can be done better is for every music artist to understand that we all have an assignment which is to spread the good news - JESUS. A lot of music artists sometimes engage in unhealthy rivalry and comparison, unknown to them that what thrills Mr. A may not do same for Mr. B.
We all should learn to encourage, appreciate and respect each other's giftings and ministry.


Which do you consider the best song you have released so far and why?

I consider my latest song "I Am Grateful (IMENEM)" which was just released a few days ago as my best song so far.
The reason is simply that everyone 
(both educated and simple) can relate to it. It's not a high-sounding Song that is filled with technicalities that can get anyone confused.

Do you have any new projects we should look out for?

Yes I have lots of songs on the way. I'm cooking a reggae tune that'll blow your minds 
(laughs), I also have in the pipeline a song of encouragement for singles who think that they can't find love and many more, just look out for them.


One message for your fans out there and aspiring gospel musicians as yourself.

To my fans, I'm grateful. Without your love and support, there'll be no motivation to release these songs. Seeing you blessed by my songs gives me satisfaction.
To aspiring gospel musicians, don't trade your aspirations for anything. Seek God's help and He will send men to assist you.


Thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

EDITORS' MUSINGS : HELP FOR BROKEN PEOPLE.

Yesterday, I was slammed with activities and I thought to get a breather. I scrolled  through WhatsApp and there, on an alumni W...